cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data signal

craigsteev
Tuning in

Hi, I have just switched from Vodafone and I am enjoying my new Xperia 1 iii on Virgin. However when I travel to central Manchester I lose all mobile internet, it doesn't even go onto 2/3/4g. I have checked all settings with an advisor to no avail. Yesterday it went off in the middle of ordering an Uber who charged me - for not turning up. Any help appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi craigsteev

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear about the issues with the signal in Manchester yesterday. Was it jus this area, or is it everywhere where this is happening?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John.

I can be driving into south central Manchester and it goes from 500Gbs to nothing, the closer I am to the center the worse it seems to get.

Same thing everyday.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not the first post on this issue. Here is one of the others

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mobile-mast-causing-internet-loss/m-p/4834267

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. So it would seem the service provided is not fit for purpose? Also, do we need to manually shift between 5 / 4 / 3g.... Shouldn't the phone be doing this for us? Any help appreciated.

Can you try a manual network search on the handset to see if it helps?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Will do next time I'm down that way.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone should manually move to 4G if 5G is not present.

Here is a similar thread regarding the same problem in Wolverhampton. It appears that Vodafone customers have no problems in these areas pointing to a problem between Vodafone and the interconnect with Virgin's system.

I doubt any diagnostic the team have can deal with this scenario it needs work at the highest level between Vodafone and Virgin 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-near-Wolverhampton-train-station/m-p/...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks