cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working

adamrogey
Joining in

I recently upgraded to an iphone 12 pro max, I recieved a new sim that allowed me to make calls and texts and although it showed that I was connected to 5G it wouldnt load web pages or apps, I then ordered a new sim (that now said 5G ready on the packet that the old one didnt) which when I put into the phone showed that I had full connection and I then recieved a text with the APN settings that i was to download (Which didnt happen with the last sim).

After downloading the APN settings and everything seemingly working, I could once again make calls and texts and recieve them, but my mobile data just wouldnt load anything despite it saying that I had 5G at the top right.

I have been on the phone with support and have tried the steps that are shown in the help section on the virgin mobile website which tell me to change the mobile network settings with no success, I have never had an issue like this when changing over contract to a new device.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

adamrogey
Joining in
Just to add, I have tested my Sim in a different phone and its the same issue. However while using someone else's Sim in my phone the data does work, so my issue is 100% my Sim and not the phone.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @adamrogey, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you've been struggling to use the 5G data on the SIM card

Can you confirm if you've been able to try the SIM card in a different location to see if you're able to use the data services? 

I see that you've changed the network settings, did this involve downgrading from 5G to 4G or even 3G?

It could be possible that the mast you're connected to have either no, or possibly limited 5G access

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi @David_Bn,

I have been out to a few local areas and still not been able to load anything despite it saying that I am connected to 5G. I live in Stockport in Manchester so I do definitely fall into a 5G area.

I have tried manually changing my mobile data down to 4G only and it made no difference, says I have 4G connection however nothing loads.

Thanks for getting back to us adamrogey

I am really sorry to ask you to do this, but do you have another handset you can try the SIM in?

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee_R,

I have already tried a different phone with my SIM and it didnt make a difference, can still make calls and texts but no mobile data. Been on the phone this morning and have another SIM being sent out, will give that a go and see if it fixes the issue, however this is the second new SIM I will be trying.

I am sorry.  I am assuming all the data settings on the handset are correct?  

Regards

Lee

According to the support guides on the Virgin Mobile website all of my settings are correct.

Hi adamrogey,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't able to us date on your new handset.

I wasn't able to locate a account with the details we have for you however I will be happy to help further, so I can I will need to send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

I will send a invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.