cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working in specific area

Kdgm
Joining in

My mobile data isn't working across at least two postcode locations. I've checked the coverage map and it says I should have good 3g and 4g (5g is a bit hit and miss but I've turned this off anyway to see if it resolves the problem). Unfortunately it's the area I live in and get the bus through daily, so very frustrating when I can't access any internet/music/TV etc. Not sure exactly when the issue first started, but it's been at least a few months. Anyone got any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kdgm,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

Sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your mobile network signal in some areas. I can understand this must be frustrating.

Firstly, can you please confirm if you are under the EE or Vodafone network? If you have been checking the Vodafone coverage checker, the site will let you know if the masts under your searched area are under maintenance/experiencing faults. The EE coverage checker however doesn't have this feature, and so if you are on EE we can check our end to see if there are any issues with the masts.

Are you unable to use either 2G, 3G or 4G in the affected areas? Does your device show that you do have signal but your services are not working, or is it showing no signal received at all?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth - I'm not sure if it's Vodafone or EE, how would I find this out? My brother is with Vodafone and my sister in law is with EE though and they've not seemed to have any issues when visiting mine.

I'm currently trying to connect to 4g but the icon is flashing at me at the top of my screen. It does eventually connect enough that a WhatsApp message can be sent/received, but it's not instanteous and I can't do anything more than that.

Thanks,

Kayley

Hi @Kdgm,

Would you mind confirming what model of handset you have?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have an S20

Thanks Kdgm

Does this happen in a specific area or just  one in particular  

Gareth_L

It's a specific area, SK4 and SK5 postcodes in particular.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated Kdgm, I'd like to take a closer look into it so will PM you to confirm a few details.

Tom