Menu
Dean3132
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data abroad not working

I have been in Tenerife since Sunday and have not been able to access mobile data since my arrival. Everything is turned on. I can text and make calls but no data. I have been in contact with virgin via 789 yesterday and today but nothing has been resolved. Technician asked me to access sim toolkit but it is not in my apps and I cannot find it. If this is to be the case every time I go abroad then my device would have to be considered not fit for use.

Dean3132

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile data abroad not working

Hi Dean3132

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear that you have been unable to use mobile data in Tenerife. We appreciate that this must be frustrating.

If you have WiFi connected on your mobile can you turn this off please? Can you then also turn data off and back on again please?

We may need to check some settings in the handset. What make and model of mobile do you have?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Dean3132
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a Huawei p20 pro

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply there Dean3132, 

Have you been able to do the other checks we mentioned - have these helped at all? 

"If you have WiFi connected on your mobile can you turn this off please? Can you then also turn data off and back on again please?"

Pop back when you can Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos