Menu
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile contract

Just upgraded my phone with 2 months left on current sim only contract, because I wanted a new number had to start a new contract. Had problems completing transaction online so went onto live chat and phone was ordered and contract completed. I asked twice if the current contract would be automatically cancelled and was told it couldn’t be done on chat but to call 789. I assumed the old contract could be cancelled without me having to pay for the remaining 2 months left on it and new one would start. Rang 789 to be told I had to pay the remaining 2 months and to call again 30 days before contract ends. At no time was I told on live chat that I would have to pay any remaining months on the old contract in fact the adviser just seemed eager to get me signed up for the new phone. If I had been told would have waited another 2 months before ordering new phone. I have been a loyal customer to Virgin and feel cheated by not being told I would have to pay the remaining 2 months on my old sim only contract because I wanted a new number. I could have got my new phone and tariff cheaper with Tesco but stayed loyal to Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile contract

if you're within the 14 day cooling off period cancel the new contract, you do not need a new plan to change your number you can simply request a number change

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jessyellen, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have been having when trying to get this new number.

Has this been sorted since posting this?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan, what I would like is to end my old contract now and not have to pay for the next two months as will be paying for a phone I’m no longer using.. That’s not going to happen as already been told after calling 789 that I have to pay it. Have been told in a previous response on here that all I had to do was request a number change which I didn’t know about. Instead I was told I had to start a new contract with the new phone because I wanted a new number.... it’s all very confusing.

At the end of the day all I wanted was an upgrade to my Alcatel basic flip phone on a sim only contract to a simple android version and due to personal reasons a new number. I expected to be able to simply switch to the new phone, have the old contract cancelled and new one start. 

At no point was I asked about my current contract and that I would have to continue paying it until it ended. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to send you a private message so this can be checked further.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you sent a private message as not received one?

0 Kudos