Menu
teabag
Superstar
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile contract changed without knowledge

@seanm99 wrote:

So I tried an SMS chat and got no joy.  They suggested I speak to retentions. I spoke to retentions and they reiterated that I could not cancel my airtime contract without first paying off the handset.   I've submitted a complaint via resolver - hopefully that will get some resoltion to this.

Very tempted to just bite the bullet and pay off the handset so I can get a sim only deal elsewhere though.

At times, I wonder how Virgin Mobile are still allowed to trade 😡

The Freestyle contracts have been around for a couple of years now, they were all sold with 30day contract SIM's - this got Virgin round the law of 36 month SIM contracts are illegal.

From day 1 they have said you can not cancel your 30 day sim to customers and still do/try.  Maybe why 3rd party/foreign CS is used, maybe helps Virgin get around the law without getting in too much trouble?, how long would it take Virgin to update their CS scripts and email them over - so correct information is given out to us customers 🥴

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This old article gives a good read on it, the last couple of paragraphs was Virgin's answer to the press on their Freestyle loan and SIM plan arrangements     https://www.finder.com/uk/ofcom-bans-mobile-phone-providers-from-binding-customers-to-36-month-contr...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin can`t have it all their own way....either its a phone/sim contract or the two are seperate!

Funny how when you ask for a PAC code they say its all combined! If its combined why do they state its two seprerate contracts at the outset? - oh that would be because if they tried to increase prices by MORE than RPI they would have to let you keep the handset when you leave and pay no more

Snake oils salespeople!
0 Kudos