cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile connection issues

Swift123
Joining in

I have been having a couple of issue with my phone for a few months now and the problem is when ringing my parents landline the call won’t ring my end but will there’s and they answer but I can’t hear them - then I can ring again and it may work but usually not.

The other issue is when it does connect and ring someone else will answer the phone - not my parents - I’ve had insurance companies, restaurants and then just random people - and the strange thing is my parents will hear the person when they pick up the landline. On their phone it will say my name on their handset and on my phone it says their number. This is getting frustrating and I don’t know what the issue could be. 

I have contacted Virgin before who went through a range of things but the issue still remains.

Help please 

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Swift123, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this, may I ask whether you can contact any other numbers?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi 

yes I can to mobile numbers

Hi @Swift123

Thank you for your reply

So to clarify, can you call any other landlines - do you experience the issue when dialling a landline which isn't your parents number?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No I can usually get through ok, and other people can ring my parents landline from their mobiles it is just an issue with my phone. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It might not be able to be answered but do you know anyone else on our network that could try to call the landline? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi

No I don’t, I think other close families are on other providers.

Thanks 

Hi

i have just got someone with a virgin mobile to ring the landline and the same happened to them it doesn’t connect their end but the landline rang. Which is what I get but I also get the random people answering.

thanks 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses, 

That does seem odd regarding the landline, has your parents landline faced this issue in the past?

Also who is the provider of their landline?

Thanks,

Kain

No they have no issues with other numbers, they have a Virgin landline. It only seems to be an issue between Virgin mobile and their landline.

Thanks