cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile calls keep getting dropped/going silent

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi. 

Every time whilst I'm on a call after a couple of minutes the call will go silent for several seconds then audio returns. This keeps happening all the time regardless of how long I stay on the call. Sometimes during this silent period the call drops and ends. 

I'm a new Virgin Mobile customer on a SIM only plan. The phone I use was working without any issues whatsoever on my previous network. This issue started since switching to Virgin. 

Please can someone help me resolve this. I need my phone functioning as expected.  

Regards 

sH

27 REPLIES 27

Hi Just a thought...

have u got someone else - friend or family on virgin mobile you can use their phone for a day? See if it happens the same?

My mother in laws phone is the one I have problems with. When I go to their house my Virgin service starts acting up. 
I had both mine and her phone side by side- I called mine, it didn’t ring- and her phone was connected to my answerphone. I called her phone it rang.

i have also heard virgin are in talks looking to swap to Vodaphone from EE. 

So, I used another Virgin mobile the other day, and guess what, when my call was answered the phone went silent for at least 15 seconds.  So this is definitely an issue which needs resolving ASAP!  

I have been using my phone all morning, out of the calls I made only 1 worked as expected .  I had voicemails this morning, eventhough my phone was on/not silent.  This was because calls were going straight to my voicemail - no ringing!  I reinserted the SIM, restarted my phone and then it worked.  Most calls went silent either part way, or on connection, then audio returned.  On each call I'm having to explain why they couldn't hear me.

Virgin - PLEASE I NEED MY PHONE TO WORK !!!  

Please Virgin, pretty please, with sugar on top, just send me a replacement SIM or give me something/info/anything. 

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Please can someone at Virgin message/reply/contact me asap. I cannot get through on 789.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Sajyboy, do you still need a SIM card sending with the same number?

If so then please reply to the message I'm sending you now so I can grab some details. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I got in touch with someone via the online chat, and they are sending me a replacement SIM.  

sH

Perfect, no worries. 

Let us know how you get on with the new SIM card 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team

sajyboy
On our wavelength
Will do, appreciate the response.

Hi, I have the same issue of mobile calls dropping out during a conversation. Can you please confirm if a new sim resolved the issue. Thanks

sajyboy
On our wavelength

New SIM didn't resolve it. I ended up leaving Virgin for my previous network I was with. 

New sim was tried but no better- but lately the calls have stopped dropping - occasionally goes mute for a second now but if they have repaired either of the 2 of 3 masts that were faulty could be a reason. And bad rainy weather has been mentioned that can affect the signal.

use the text contact services to speak to a technical person they can check the masts in your area.