cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile calls keep getting dropped/going silent

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi. 

Every time whilst I'm on a call after a couple of minutes the call will go silent for several seconds then audio returns. This keeps happening all the time regardless of how long I stay on the call. Sometimes during this silent period the call drops and ends. 

I'm a new Virgin Mobile customer on a SIM only plan. The phone I use was working without any issues whatsoever on my previous network. This issue started since switching to Virgin. 

Please can someone help me resolve this. I need my phone functioning as expected.  

Regards 

sH

27 REPLIES 27

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Any suggestion/ideas/thoughts? I've read a replacement SIM may be needed?

Hi,

Same happening here but never used to.

Swapped phone, a new sim and still happening. 3 sims on the account only 1 does it 🤯

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sajyboy,

Thanks for posting, and sorry for the late reply, 

Can you confirm if you've tried the SIM in a different handset?

Alex_Rm

Hi 

3 phones 2 sims and no joy then I have got through to the help line and to cut a long story short it appears of the 3 masts surrounding the phones vacinity 1 is 100% 1 is 50% and 1 is down. I’m in east Birmingham.

maybe check in your area the mast situation  

Hope this helps

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi. 

I've tried the SIM in another phone and it does not resolve the issues. 

sH

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @sajyboy

Welcome back to our Community - sorry that you're still having these issues and thanks so much for testing in another handset for us. Can you confirm if this issue happens on both incoming and outgoing calls? 

Does it happen in one area or no matter where you are? I have checked your postcode of where your account is registered (using your forum information) and all the nearest Masts to your location are functioning with no issues reported. 

Pop back when you with some more information and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Hi. 

I only have been using my phone from home as I'm working from home. Today for example, 3 calls had to be ended and redialed because they went silent after a couple of minutes. This happens on both incoming and outgoing calls. 

Please can this be resolved asap. It's really frustrating having to constantly worry about whether the call will last the duration or not. 

If it's a SIM issue can this be rectified asap. There are reports of others having similar issues, therefore it cannot just be me or my phone. 

You must have had reports/solutions to this. I've only been a customer less than a month and surely service reliability on calls must be a contractual obligation. 

sajyboy
On our wavelength

Following on from my past above. 

See:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/phone-goes-silent-then-cuts-off-during-calls/td-p...

Please can this be resolved asap. 

If Virgin cannot provide a basic reliable calling service, then what are my rights to cancelling and moving to another provider? 

sajyboy
On our wavelength
Please can you send me a replacement SIM.
It may resolve this issue. (I'd like to keep my number).