cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile calls fail

padraig46
Joining in

Mobile recognises new Virgin media hub 4 installation.

EE wifiCall  with full signal fan on phone. 

All dialled calls - call failed.  Receives email and messages but WhatsApp does not work. 

What to do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @padraig46.

Are you able to use all the other online functions of your phone like browsing the internet and access apps like Twitter and Facebook?

The 2.4g connection shouldn't be disabled as it should be set as active by default, if you would like to rule this out as an issue, please could you do a pin hole reset of your hub 4, this will restore the hub back to factory settings and will hopefully stop the issue with 2.4g connections. 

Please give this a try and let me know if it has helped at all. 

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear this @padraig46, can you please advise me if you've attempted to use the SIM card in a different device to see if the issues reoccur? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Will do and advise Thanks,Pat

You're welcome padraig46, let us know once you've had the chance to check this.

Rob

Hi Robert,
Tried in another mobile and no improvement.
Padraig

Thanks for coming back to us @padraig46,

Can you confirm if calls are going through when you're not on Wi-Fi calling, and using mobile data only?

Can you also tell me if WhatsApp worked on the alternative handset and if you've been able to make calls via WhatsApp?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Mobile works with WiFi switched off. Same for WhatsApp. 

Is it possible that the 2.4g service is switched off  as this would also account for other devices not working , such as 4g Mobile and he computer printer?

If so, where can I check/switch on?

Thanks, Padraig 

Thanks for coming back to us @padraig46.

Are you able to use all the other online functions of your phone like browsing the internet and access apps like Twitter and Facebook?

The 2.4g connection shouldn't be disabled as it should be set as active by default, if you would like to rule this out as an issue, please could you do a pin hole reset of your hub 4, this will restore the hub back to factory settings and will hopefully stop the issue with 2.4g connections. 

Please give this a try and let me know if it has helped at all. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, Steven, for your interest and advice.

I have spent a couple of hours on the phone to Virgin 's technicians today and even with their help have been unable to see the 2.4g signal from the router. No issue with 5g and even changing the SSID of both signals did not resolve the problem. Their checks indicate that there is no reason for the lack of signal. Technician is coming next week. I will  keep all informed.

Regards,Padraig 

Sorry to hear the issue remains @padraig46.

In this case, please let us know how this engineer appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs