Menu
Beewop
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile calls cut off after 5 minutes and calls barred when roaming

Currently I'm in Spain and my calls on my PAYG Virgin mobile have been barred. I used the phone a couple of weeks back in the UK and it worked OK apart from the problem below. I have always used the phone in both Uk and Spain for years without any problems.

It also cuts me off after 5 minutes when I am on the phone in the UK. Customer services said it was to help me stop going over my limit but on PAYG I do not have a limit on calls as far as I'm aware.

It is making the phone impossible to use as if I am trying to phone a company where there is a long waiting time to get through to a particular department, I can never be connected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile calls cut off after 5 minutes and calls barred when roaming

Hi Beewop,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your roaming service.

I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Metropolis208
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

I've been having the exact same issue of my outgoing calls disconnecting after exactly 5 mins, with my PAYG mobile for the last few months, while I've been in Ireland, though it also occurred when I went back to the UK for a couple of weeks recently. 

I'm in the process of trying to buy a house in Ireland and it's really frustrating when you're calling the solicitor, estate agent or anyone for that matter and your call disconnects. 

Please could you also contact me if there's a fix/workaround for this.

Thanks,

Steve.

0 Kudos
cliffsaran
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there
I have the same problem with my Gigaset IP Phone, which goes half-duplex after five minutes, such that I can no longer hear the person at the other end of the call, but they can still hear me. Any help would be most appreciated, as I've just spent an hour speaking to various people in the Virgin Media call centre who insist the phone is at fault. Thanks, Cliff
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cliffsaran,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Have you been able to try the sim card out in another handset?

^Martin

0 Kudos