cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile browing blocked

stedav99
On our wavelength

Hi

My phone, or rather Virgin Mobile, has decided it doesn't want to let me connect to the National Lottery.

Worked fine previously but today I'm getting ssl protocol errors. Fixed network is fine. Other mobiles are fine and if I swap my Virgin SIM with my wife's O2 the phone connects without problems. All age restrictions / parental controls are OFF.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

17 REPLIES 17

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey stedav99, thank you for reaching out today. I am sorry to hear you cannot connect to the National Lottery page.

So this has happened today, have you definitely checked the app to see if partner controls are off?

Also, have you got a new phone recently? 

Could you also let me know if your phone is iPhone or Android and are they updated to the latest IOS? 

I also have some tips on this 

1. Correct the Date & Time on Your Device.
  2. Clear Browsing Data on Google Chrome if you are using this
  3. Reset Your Network Settings.
  4. Deactivate Your Antivirus App.
  5. Update Your App/Browser.
  6. Visit Website in an Incognito/Private Mode.
  7. Reset Your Device.
  8. Delete the app and reinstall it if using the app

Thanks. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

It's the same on various devices using the Virgin SIM - 2 x S1 Ultra and 3 different Samsung pads, all of varying ages, all up to date with patches etc. All exhibit the same behaviour - won't connect with the Virgin SIM but are fine with an O2 SIM.

Parental Controls are switched off but I've just noticed that when I click to go to that page it's changing my number to that of another phone on my account (ending 905). Do Parental control settings affect ALL phones on the account or do I need to set them individually? If individually how do I change for a specific phone? Ideally I want Parental controls switched off on all numbers on the account.

Cheers

Steve

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stedav99

Thanks for confirming that. 
"Parental control settings affect ALL phones on the account or do I need to set them individually? If individually how do I change for a specific phone? Ideally I want Parental controls switched off on all numbers on the account.

Settings are specific to the mobile number.

Can you  try a few steps for me to see if these work;

• Do other betting sites load? (If so, it's not a parental control issue). 
  • Please try clearing your cache and cookies off the device.
  • Have you installed any antivirus software or any Extensions to your browser? 
  • Can you access the mobile SIM account on another device without the account changing to another number?

If none of these steps work, please let us know and we'll investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

stedav99
On our wavelength

Hi Carley

No, other sites don't load, BetFred, Bet365, William hill

Cleared cache and cookies, no difference.

Nothing installed that wasn't there yesterday.

Have now worked out how to get to Parental controls page for the number that doesn't connect and it says Parental Controls are OFF.

Cheers

Steve

Do you get the same error message when loading up the other betting sites? 
Can you confirm what device you have? Or please check the steps online on how to reset an APN (Access Point Name) on your device and let me know if that has worked.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

stedav99
On our wavelength

Hi Carly

Yes, same error ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Get the same error if I put the SIM in:

My S21 Ultra

Wife's S21 Ultra

Samsung S7 pad

Samsung S4 pad

Grandson's Firepad

all work if I swap to an O2 SIM

Cheers

Steve

Thank you for confirming this stedav99.

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

stedav99
On our wavelength

Hi

Whatever the problem was it's now been rectified, all working this morning 🙂

Cheers

Steve

Glad to hear this @stedav99.

Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs