cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile account just showing Oops somethings gone wrong

Annie001
Tuning in

I haven't used my Virgin service in a couple of years because I have been stuck abroad due to pandemic. I am flying back to the UK next week because of a family emergency and I need to put some credit on my uk number and change my plan.

When I log in to Virgin Mobile I just get this message.  2021-09-07_09-38.png

Can someone help me with getting my account reactivated?

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this PAYG? If so you are well out of time 

From Terms and conditions 

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

The chance of getting your number back after two years would be very unlikely

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh, so the number is gone too. I guess that's good to know. I'll just have to buy a new sim when I arrive at the airport. It's a shame I never got an email but at least I know what to plan for now. Thanks for the speedy response.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fraid so. They probably sent you a text but messages expire after a few days and if the phone is not switched on you would not get it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Annie001

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The information is correct which @enlli has kindly provided you with, unfortunately we'd be unable to recover the number now.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs