cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile account access via app

omnescient
Dialled in

My partner is the Virgin Media account holder. Am I restricted to accessing my Virgin Mobile  account via the online portal? If so, why is there no dedicated Virgin Mobile app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@omnescient wrote:

Zak_M

To confirm; if we were married, then my wife would be the (named) account holder for Virgin Media services. My partner and I also have Virgin Mobile contracts, and at present we both access and manage those mobile contracts separately online.

There are two parts the app.

The Mobile part uses the SIM for authentication, so can be used by anyone that has a Virgin Mobile SIM in their device. Some of the links then go to the Mobile online account and that needs the details of whoever has signed up to manage the mobile number online.

For the cable bit of the Virgin Media app, that requires the primary My Virgin Media details. So that is whatever details the account holder registered.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there omnescient, 

We have recently merged the portals, so if your partner is the account holder for both then they will be on one portal. 

If your partner is the account holder for the Media services but you are the account holder for your Mobile services then the accounts won't be merged and therefore you would need to log in to the app separately. 

If you have any further questions, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your response Kath_F

Are you saying that I am able to install the app on my phone and sign in to access my mobile account even though I'm not the account holder for Virgin Media services?

Hi there. 

I'm afraid not. As per above, you would only be able to access the app separately if you are the account holder. 

If you are not the account holder, but the account holder has a Media service then the app will show both services as they belong to one person. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F

I must have misinterpreted your 'as per above' - I read the following:

"If your partner is the account holder for the Media services but you are the account holder for your Mobile services then the accounts won't be merged and therefore you would need to log in to the app separately."

and wondered how I would log in to the app separately.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @omnescient.

just to confirm, is you wife the account holder for both or are you the mobile account holder? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M

To confirm; if we were married, then my wife would be the (named) account holder for Virgin Media services. My partner and I also have Virgin Mobile contracts, and at present we both access and manage those mobile contracts separately online.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

In that case your wife should be able to access the mobile account though her my virgin media.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@omnescient wrote:

Zak_M

There are two parts the app.

The Mobile part uses the SIM for authentication, so can be used by anyone that has a Virgin Mobile SIM in their device. Some of the links then go to the Mobile online account and that needs the details of whoever has signed up to manage the mobile number online.

For the cable bit of the Virgin Media app, that requires the primary My Virgin Media details. So that is whatever details the account holder registered.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks Ben - I now have access to an app that redefines 'responsive': it doesn't recognise landscape orientation, the block formatting really does block the display of some information, and the text formatting resorts to a narrow vertical display where you'd imagine left-to-right would be the norm. I'm sure there will be more 'Easter Eggs' to find later.