Menu
Tezzerzee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile abroad

My wife and are both have contract phones and have set them up with virgin having switched our roaming on. Neither of us could use in Florida in September and complained when we got back. Checked with virgin again as we were In Cyprus for Christmas, that our phones would work ok and of course they said yes all set up. Both our phones could not make calls again. Your virgin network is hopeless and will definitely be finishing our contracts with you. Everybody else's phones were working except ours. Totally embarrassing for virgin. Thank God we could use WhatsApp ok. A very angry customer. TERRY LONG !
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile abroad

Hi Tezzerzee,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've been unable to use your handsets abroad.

Let's break this down a little as it'll help me find what the problem was. Once I know what it is then it can be easily fixed. Could you please answer the following questions about your time in Cyprus only:-

What make and model of handsets do you have?

Were you actually connected to a local network?

If so, do you remember the name of the network?

Could you send and receive text messages okay?

Could you receive calls okay?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
Tezzerzee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi our phones are galaxy s7 and moto g5 and the network provider was primetel but we also tried MTN. Did not try texts so can't comment. Terry l
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

The very fact you could connect to a Cypriot network means your roaming settings are active on the network so I know this isn't the issue.

There is another option on the system for International Call Barring. This needs to be set to OFF. You're able to check this via your online account by following:-

Click here > Plan and device > Manage services > Call barring

Another cause could have been using the incorrect dialling sequence. Usually the prefix is +44 for the UK but sometimes you need to use 0044 as shown here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos