Menu
carwynf
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Signal issues

Hi! 

I am a new customer and having issues with  signal at my home postcode. I have checked the coverage checker and it shows very good coverage but I only get 1-2 bars and not the super fast 4G as expected on my IPhone X. I have tried to do all the troubleshooting that VM advice. Even testing the Sim in another iPhone and still the same. My parents live down the road and I get full signal there. What else can I try?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Signal issues

Try the OFCOM checker. Network maps are optomistic. https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

All maps say we have an excellent signal a home ----- nope, and that goes for 2 out of 4 networks

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
carwynf
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still shows very good on Ofcom website, can any of the VM forum team help?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to check you're using the Virgin coverage checker, and not the EE one?

https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/coverage-checker.html

I only ask because the Virgin checker should take account of some differences between EE service and Virgin service.

0 Kudos
carwynf
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts!

I have tried all three,

VM checker, EE and Ofcom. All state very good coverage. Indoor and outdoor. I’m still in my 14 day cooling off period and tempted to cancel the contract and go to different network. See what VM forum team say first.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi carwynf,

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing signal issues. If you're happy to provide me your postcode I can check our coverage checker that shows the status of the masts in your area.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
carwynf
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_S

My post code is LL55 1EL

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you carwynf,

I can see that the masts in your area are all working as expected, however there aren't too many masts in the area which would affect coverage quality depending on how many people are connected to those masts.

As silly as it sounds where you live is also quite hilly which can affect the coverage as well, your folks may get better connection depending on where they are located. As far as I can see by checking mast individual coverage areas I can only really see one mast that provides 4G coverage in your immediate area.

Also you're located fairly close to Ben Twthill which seems to be located pretty much between you and many of the masts in your area it will be restricting the available coverage for you quite abit.

I'm sorry it isn't the info you wanted when it comes to your coverage however I hope it helps you to better understand what the coverage is like for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos