Menu
Highlighted
Boilerman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Phone Service in Channel Islands

I am going to be visiting the Channel Islands (Jersey) in June / July of this year and am concerned that I will go through the same problems as previous year where I was unable to get any service on the island and was unable to get any help from Virgin Mobile.   Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved yet as I know it was still ongoing in August last year.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Phone Service in Channel Islands

Hey Boilerman, 

Sorry for the issue that you had last year. As you are aware we can't guarantee a 100% signal when out of the UK, I hope that this time you do have a better experience. When was the last time roaming was made active on your account? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Boilerman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I used my phone on France a couple of weeks ago with no issues at all regarding signal.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

See the second post in this thread for a possible solution (we know it has worked for some)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-roaming-in-Jersey/m-p/3837975#M126262

You will be hit with roaming charges though as Virgin do not include the Channel Isles and IOM in European roaming unlike many of their competitors

0 Kudos