cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phone, No Internet Connection

DantesLost
Tuning in

Hi there,

For the last three weeks I have had no internet connection with my mobile data. I have an Xperia 10 II phone and am on a 30 day rolling contract.

I have tried to get assistance with this, but it has been of no use. I have done nothing to the phone. I have changed no settings and there are no issues in my area. I have followed the tips online and advice given over the phone, yet I'm still having a problem.

The phone says I am connected to Virgin, but I cannot access the internet nor can I access the Virgin Media App, which says 'Servers Are Having An Issue' when I attempt to open it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Danteslost,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

So sorry for any issues caused.

Just for clarification through your phone's settings for mobile data, is that turned on?

Let us know and I'll run further checks with you over PM

Kain

Hi Kain,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, mobile data is on. WiFi is off as is Airplane mode, which I never use. When I go into settings it says I am connected to Virgin, but I have no access to Internet or the media app.

DantesLost

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked that the phone still has the APN settings? I've known them get lost in the past

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The settings are

APN: goto.virginmobile.uk.

APN Type: default,supl,mms.

APN Protocol: IPv4

DantesLost

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These are the ones for the majority of Android based phones.

Internet & MMS APN.
Name: WEB
APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
MMSC: http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.30.166.2
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 38
Authentication type: CHAP
APN type: *
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Leave all other options blank/Not set

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @DantesLost

Did the advise from @crawleyc1 or @enlli help you resolve this? Please keep us updated with what resolved the issue if so.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi,

I have tried to change to the settings you listed, but there is no option to save the changes so they just revert back to the other settings. 

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. One is always off when the other is on, both say they are connected, but only the WiFi allows me to access the Internet. I get nothing when mobile data is on.

Hello, 

Thank you for your message.

The advice given has not helped. As I said to enlli, when I try to change to the settings they listed in their reply there is no option to save anything so the settings just go back to what they were. I thought the problem may be the sim card, but I am able to make calls and send texts. The only issue seems to be the lack of internet connection.