cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phone Issue

finlux
On our wavelength

Good Morning!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G, which I had from VM since June this year, and I have a problem I hope you can help me with.

The charging port (USB C type) is appears to be faulty. Every time I connect a cable I get a yellow triangle and the phone refuses to charge. Continually removing/inserting the cable, it eventually works, but it is very slow to charge.

At first this problem was only about once a week, but now it is every time. I have used several different cables and even used a different charger, but the problem remains.

I even bought a USB C to 3.5mm headphone jack adaptor, but that (after working OK initially) never seems to work in my phone (but works elsewhere).

I tried to book in my phone for repair on the VM website, but I cannot seem to find the option easily. Is there any way I can book my phone in here? I believe I need to reset/backup my phone which is no problem. What else do I need to do?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quite frankly I would not let Virgin's repair service anywhere near it. I say that because of the horror stories that appear on here at regular intervals.

Deal with Samsung directly.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quite frankly I would not let Virgin's repair service anywhere near it. I say that because of the horror stories that appear on here at regular intervals.

Deal with Samsung directly.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

finlux
On our wavelength

Many thanks for replying. 

It is just as well you did, VM doesn't seem to be bothered (as usual)!

My only query is: Am I OK to go directly to Samsung, or do I "officially" need to go through VM?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No you can go direct to Samsung. A friend did last year with his S20. 

They will look after them for 2 years from purchase 

Hi @finlux thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you've not had any progress arranging a fix of your handset via ourselves.  Have you decided to directly to the manufacturer? 

Regards

Lee_R

finlux
On our wavelength

Hi Lee

Thanks for the response. I haven't done anything as yet, work commitments have put a stop to that! Although I'm off today & tomorrow....

I have had my phone on charge since 5am this morning at 38%. It took until 8.30am to reach 100%. Every time I plug in the cable, I get the yellow triangle and I need to fiddle with it to get it to charge, but it is SLOW!!

It works perfectly in every other way.

finlux
On our wavelength

Well, I am having no luck with Samsung themselves. @enlli 

Following the link, it appears that the repair service they are offering is a paid for service. I cannot see any options for warranty claims.

@Lee_R - please can you advise on the correct procedure for returning my phone or the exact link on the website (as I cannot seem to find it!)

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would call Samsung. I know they do warranty repairs. As I say a friend of mine had his 6 month old phone with a blank screen repaired by them at no charge.

finlux
On our wavelength

Thanks, @enlli

I saw your post after I tried again on the Samsung website. I found an option to chat.

Long story short, Samsung are collecting my phone for a repair on Friday.

Thanks for your help, and VM thanks for nothing. 😠