Menu
Anon55
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data and calls abroad Italy - issue

I have been in Italy for a couple of days and still have not been able to connect to any network so can not use texts calls or mobile data. Having gone through as many posts about roaming as I can find I still can't seem to fix the problem.

I would be grateful if someone could help!

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data and calls abroad Italy - issue

You'll need access to the internet from somewhere, eg WiFi in your hotel or a cafe or similar? Go to the Virgin Mobile UK website and sign-in to 'Mobile Your Account'. Check under 'Manage my services' under 'Plan and device'.. 'Roaming' needs to be switched ON and 'International call barring' switched OFF..Might take up several hours for changes to activate and the handset might need to be restarted.

Also to use data anywhere other than the home network, ie other than on Virgin Mobile UK, then the handset itself needs to have 'data roaming' switched ON.

If that doesn't solve your issues then you'll have to call Virgin from a working phone. Try +44-0345-6000 789. as there must be something amiss with your account or maybe with the newer purple SIM, if you have one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data and calls abroad Italy - issue

Hi Anon55, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry you're having some issues using the roaming service, I can appreciate you're keen to get connected. 

Did the above tips help? If not then please pop me a personal message and I'll be happy to help.

Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos