cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Not Working

js2910
Tuning in

Hi

I have a monthly sim only contract with Virgin Mobile but since day one I have never been able to use any of my 3gb monthly data allowance and I don't know why.

Mobile Data is set to "ON" and Mobile Data Limit also set to "ON" at a level equal to my monthly data allowance.  I thought that my phone would switch automatically to use my data when out and about when wi-fi is not available.

I have tried checking "Settings" and found when I try to view the section called "Access Point Names" I get a message saying "Access Point Names are not available for this user.". When I press the little + at the top RHS of the page I get a list which includes " APN Not Set" and most, but not all, of the other headings in the list also say "Not Set".

The phone is an unlocked EE Harrier previously with EE.

Any help to fix this issue so I can use the data I am paying for would be appreciated.

Thanks.

js2910

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @js2910,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some Mobile data issues at the moment! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Have you taken a look at our Virgin Mobile Issues page to see if this can help identify your issue?

Have you rebooted your device recently to see if this can help with your issue? 

Please take a look and keep us updated on this to see if your issue is still ongoing after this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I've checked through the "mobile issues page" but didn't find a solution there.

I've rebooted several times but that didn't solve it.

I've also noted in "Settings" that the heading "Mobile Network State" is showing as "Disconnected". Don't know if that's an issue.

Could "Mobile Network State" showing "Disconnected" together with the "APN" showing "Not Set", mentioned in my previous, be part of the problem.

I'm completely at a loss and don't want to keep paying for data I can't use.

Help!

js2910

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you can make calls then the likelihood is you will have to enter APN settings manually

They are listed here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thank you for the APN info..

I updated the APN settings in my mobile, turned off wi-fi and, hey presto, I had a 4G connection.

Looks like the issue is fixed and my phone should now transfer automatically to use my data allowance when wi-fi is not available.

It has taken my a year to get this sorted.

Brilliant outcome.

Thank you so much.

js2910

Thanks for the update js2910 and glad to hear the APN settings resolved the issue.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob