cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile. Allowance

Deke
On our wavelength

Hi there.  I have a small question that I hope someone may be able to help with..

In November last year I took on a Virgin mobile phone contract for an iPhone 11 with a 1Gb/unlimited minutes data. I don’t use the phone much consequently I have had almost the whole 1Gb rolled over every month. For the most part this has worked well and I have not been anywhere near using the whole of my allowance. I have usually started each new month with 2Gb

Today I tried to phone home on the available 4G network but a recorded message told me that ‘Sorry, you don’t have enough credit to make this call right now..’   The account app shows that at the time I had 1.85Gb available.

This same thing had happened in the first month I had the phone when I also received texts to tell me I was out of data. I put this down to teething troubles as it cleared itself up and hasn’t occurred again until now.

So.. am I missing something or is it an incorrect setting of some sort?  I’m at a loss and would appreciate any advice

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deke
On our wavelength

Hi Joe,  thanks for your help.  

You have it right.  The contract is for unlimited minutes + 1GB of data and unlimited texts.  I also get the benefit of rollover of unused data.  The last monthly refresh was about 8 days ago which rolled over about 0.85GB of data.  As of today the details on my V Mobile account shows I have 1.89GB left and I have used 5 minutes of unlimited and 0.00 used of unlimited texts. I don’t think that V Mobile have changed the terms of the account as they are still shown correctly on the VM app 

Anyway I’ll try to contact them  Thanks for your reply. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

JoeKing1VM
Superfast

Deke hello let's see if I have this correct.

You stated that you attempted to make a call on the 4G network. Was this a data call  WhatsApp, Signal, Apple or similar or a regular cell call?

If it was a regular cell call or WhatsApp call it should not use your data allowance.

No by default software will always run automatically and in the background and use you data, unless you manually edit their settings to disable or off. This will always use you data allowance up even when you think that you've only open say just an email app  say twice for the month and you data allowance has ran out or run low.

Now that said if the call and data is some feature of iPhone I'm at a lost as I don't use them.

So let's have a rerun:

You have unlimited minutes to make calls plus 1 GB of data.

With unlimited minutes you should be able to call all the standard numbers land-line mobiles in UK, or another numbers that you don't have a bar on.

The other thing to check has you monthly packed be changed by Virgin without you knowing? ( If Virgin changes your package they'll always e-mail you well before the change over)

All done and said if after you've checked everything and it seems ok you'll need to take it up with CS ( Customer Services) good luck there.

Joe

Deke
On our wavelength

Hi Joe,  thanks for your help.  

You have it right.  The contract is for unlimited minutes + 1GB of data and unlimited texts.  I also get the benefit of rollover of unused data.  The last monthly refresh was about 8 days ago which rolled over about 0.85GB of data.  As of today the details on my V Mobile account shows I have 1.89GB left and I have used 5 minutes of unlimited and 0.00 used of unlimited texts. I don’t think that V Mobile have changed the terms of the account as they are still shown correctly on the VM app 

Anyway I’ll try to contact them  Thanks for your reply. 

@Deke yes contact them as something strange is happening on you account.

Also get name's and times of agent that you have contact with, Virgin Customer Service best of time is still set in the Dark Age's ☹️.

Good luck there

Joe 

Hey @Deke

Thanks for taking the time to post this on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that has happened to you and for any issues that this problem may have caused you.

Have you been able to speak to the team at all to get this looked into?

If not, please let me know and we can look into this further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Deke
On our wavelength

Hi Steven L 

Thanks for coming back.

I tried your Text Messaging Service and was assisted by one of your agents who sorted the problem in fairly short order yesterday. He was most helpful. 

Thanks  Deke

Hello Deke

Thanks for letting us know you have sorted this out 

Have a lovely weekend 

Gareth_L