cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Virgin Mobile to O2 Volt

oliverb
On our wavelength

I recently saw an O2 Volt deal (£8 for 20gb) but I am currently a year into a 24mth sim only Virgin Mobile deal.  What obstacles might I face if I wanted to migrate my deal to the O2 Volt (cheaper and inc. benefits) ?

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
EDFs on your existing Virgin Mobile SIM would apply moving across to the O2 plan.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

oliverb
On our wavelength
Sorry what is EDFs?

Hi oliverb

EDFS are Early Disconnection Fees 

Basically its a the cosy of paying out of a contract 

Its all explained here if that helps 

Gareth_L

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi oliverb

EDFS are Early Disconnection Fees 

Basically its a the cosy of paying out of a contract 

Its all explained here if that helps 

Gareth_L

Although those are for cable services - Virgin Mobile terms are here and I've copied in the relevant bit:

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/services

10.4 Effect of cancellation: If this Agreement is cancelled you will need to pay us on cancellation all unpaid Charges on your account. Unless you have cancelled this Agreement under clause 10.1(a), 10.1(c),10.1(d), 10.1(e) or we have cancelled this Agreement under clause 10.2(d), 10.2(e), 10.2(f) or 10.3 then you must also pay on cancellation the monthly (or other periodic) Charges owed for each month of your Contract Allowance through to the end of your Minimum Term Where your Minimum Term is more than one month the Charges will be less any costs we save as a result of your cancellation before the end of the Minimum Term. We will advise you of the Charges ahead of cancellation and you can find details of such Charges on the Virgin Mobile website at virginmedia.com/legalstuff. If this Agreement is cancelled for any reason:(a) your SIM will be disconnected from the Network;(b) you will not be able to use our Services at all;(c) you will lose your phone number (unless you move to another network) and must return your SIM to us; and(d) you will lose any unused Top Up or Add-on credit on your account (except in the circumstances set out in clause 5.4).

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just seen there is a specific Virgin Mobile EDF page too that makes it clearer - https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/early-disconnection-fees-paym-sim-only-contract