Menu
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Micro Sim to Nano sim

Hi

I have been offered a Galaxy S7 to replace my S5 and I am currently on Virgin Sim only monthly contract.  I know that the S5 uses a Micro Sim and the S7 uses a Nano Sim so what I would like to know is, the Micro Sim I am using is one of the purple cards which I believe is a universal card, so can I 'push out' the nano sim card from the micro sim card and put it in the S7 so I keep all my data etc. or do I need to order a new nano sim card - I am thinking along the lines that the micro sim card has been activated and in use since I had the new purple card, so would 'pushing it out' and inserting it in a new phone (new to me) cause me any problems i.e would it still work?

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Micro Sim to Nano sim

As long as the S7 is unlocked to all networks, just push out the Nano size and put in the S7 :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"put it in the S7 so I keep all my data etc"

if you mean the data stored on the phone that is not on the sim card. If you mean the data on your plan to use @teabag is correct

BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the sim card and confirming the 'new' phone needs to be unlocked by its present owner.
0 Kudos
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your prompt reply and confirming what the other person who responded said.
0 Kudos