Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Method for unlock code delivery

I too have applied for an unlock code for my old Motorola and its been 72 hours so similar. However my question is that on the unlock code form it said "keep your phone close, we'd hate you to miss the call". Now given that I put my e-mail address on the form and given that the phone is non-operational as its looking for the unlock code why would virginmedia use the phone instead of the e-mail? I've heard that virginmedia can take 30 days to respond. Do I really have to carry a non-functional phone and charge it up every few days for a 30 day period? Just send us the code in an e-mail = would make vfar better sense.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Waiting for my unlock code - is anybody at Virgin dealing with the forms?

I too have applied for an unlock code for my old Motorola and its been 72 hours so similar. However my question is that on the unlock code form it said "keep your phone close, we'd hate you to miss the call". Now given that I put my e-mail address on the form and given that the phone is non-operational as its looking for the unlock code why would virginmedia use the phone instead of the e-mail? I've heard that virginmedia can take 30 days to respond. Do I really have to carry a non-functional phone and charge it up every few days for a 30 day period? Just send us the code in an e-mail = would make vfar better sense.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Waiting for my unlock code - is anybody at Virgin dealing with the forms?

I've merged the posts, one post per subject please multiple posts on the same subject can cause confusion

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roboman28,

I never did get an unlock code for my old Nokia.

In desperation, I sent a PM to Emma_C on the forum team. She was very helpful in flagging up my problem to the tech team and, as they were unable to provide the required unlock code, they sent me a replacement handset free of charge.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roboman28,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry you haven't received your unlock code from us yet. I can appreciate you need it as soon as possible. 

If you haven't received this since posting here, then I'll pop you a private message to see what I can do. 

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos