cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages failing to send to certain businesses

GeoffC
Tuning in

Hi - whenever I try to reply YES to (for example) confirm a dentist appointment or a restaurant booking, the texts never send and I get a message failed to deliver alert. It only happens when trying to reply to those types of automated messages - all my other texts to human contacts send fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

Robinah
Joining in

Hi, I've got exactly the same problems, did you manage to get it fixed?

Hi @Robinah

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having responding to automated text messages.

Does this happen with all automated text messages?

Can you confirm what make and model handset you have?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, i have a samsung galaxy s7 and only have a problem  replying to my dentists texts- it comes up as message failed to send. It only started in January when dentist started using a new text number ( before that i hadn't received because of dentist being closed for 2 years)I've checked all my phones setting and can't find anything

Thank you.

Do you know if the dentists new number is a chargeable number?

Also, is it asking for a reply?

Do you have a spend cap set up on your phone?

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, its a 012022 number and I'm not asked for a reply. My spend cap is £3.

Thank you @Robinah

It may be that the number doesn't accept replies or that the charge to respond is over the cap however that would be unlikely at £3.00.

Could you send a screenshot of the text please?

Please ensure any personal information is not visible.

Vikki - Forum Team

20220608_141402.jpg

Screenshot_20220608-141252_Messages.jpg

Thank you.

I am going to send you a private message so I can check some things on our side.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team