cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive mobile signal drop in my area

dalew1969
Tuning in

Over the last few weeks everybody in my area on Virgin Mobile has seen the signal level drop, outdoors we are getting 1 - 2 bars, indoors I have no signal in most rooms.

Previously I always had 4 or max signal even indoors.

I have used the coverage checker and it shows excellent signal coverage indoors and outdoors on 4G.

There doesn't seem to be any way of checking for mobile issues via the website or even raising an issue, seems a bit pointless for the service checker to only check TV, Broadband and landline services when you also offer mobile?!

Are you aware of any issues with the local masts in the Billinge/Orrell areas, WN5?

15 REPLIES 15

I do not have a different SIM, this is clearly a network issue, how can I report this as an actual issue, there seems to be no way of doing this via the VM web site?!

How do Virgin Mobile expect to know about issues if they make it so difficult for their customers to log issues?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you a private message now @dalew1969.

Please look out for a purple envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

well theres lots of input but the question seems to have been sidetracked

up to late last year early this year VM were using the EE network that has changed to vodafone - no sim change in most instances it just happened - sure there were emails or postings about it but many missed the fact

i think the point is missed here as i assume all was good and you have not lead lined the walls - so its not strange its VM that have changed things

If the phone is working in other areas, then it could be something to do with the home and the walls in the house. I understand that this only happened a few weeks ago, which is strange if nothing is showing on the coverage checker. Have you tried using a different SIM in your home? To see if it is a network issue? 

nothing you can do with what you have other than look at other providers 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

It’s a common problem for Virgin Mobile customers since the company started using the Vodafone network rather than EE. If you look through posts on this forum this year you will see dozens of customers complaining about terrible coverage and download speeds. The only practical solution appears to be to move from Virgin Mobile, as the company isn’t even acknowledging there is a major problem with the service let alone making any efforts to resolve the issue. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nialli

Thank you for your post regarding mobile network issues. We are continually working to improve mobile networks and ensure our customers get the best mobile experience, I'm sorry to hear you feel that switching service from Virgin Mobile is the only solution. That's not the high standard of service we aim to provide. 

Kind regards,

Serena

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Serena_C wrote:

Hi @Nialli

Thank you for your post regarding mobile network issues. We are continually working to improve mobile networks and ensure our customers get the best mobile experience, I'm sorry to hear you feel that switching service from Virgin Mobile is the only solution. That's not the high standard of service we aim to provide. 

Kind regards,

Serena

with respect what other options does the customer have - VM made a commercial decion to switch from EE to Vodafone - that in some instances has caused problems like this - to some that switch [me for one] was welcome as vodafone have a better signal here - for other it was not - i cannot see how you can improve that in areas such as this

well i can [maybe] by offering affected customers an O2 sim at the same contract price but that seems not to be an option

other than that the customer needs to resolve the problem him/her self as VM cannot - hopefully any EDF's would be waived but thats doubtful

Tony.
Sacked VIP