Menu
miggiwoo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Marketing calls despite requested not in Preferences.

I have 4 accounts with Virgin Mobile for various family members , with 2 in contract until July this Year and 2 that are sim only.

All of these accounts have been set to received no marketing calls , emails , post and have been for a while.

My young Daughter is getting the usual 0800 marketing calls from VM and my Wife is too , on a daily basis. Neither are answering the calls as they are fed up of seeing the same number and are aware its VM bombarding them

I rang Customer Services quite a while ago to ask them to stop their calls as this was happening previously and explained that my 10 year old Daughter was being called daily.

I'm really fed up with this now and don't want to bother calling up as I don't believe it would make a difference.

Is there any way I could take it further ie writing to an Ombudsman ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Marketing calls despite requested not in Preferences.

This has come up a few times lately. Seems whatever overseas department is ringing is ignoring the rules. 

Quite frankly, the number of times they ring could constitute harassment.

Let's see if the mods pick this up. 

Highlighted
miggiwoo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I haven't had any calls myself but my Wife and Daughter are getting them every day. I did ring and complain and told them in no uncertain terms that they shouldn't be ringing my Daughter and , of course , they said they wouldn't.

I left Virgin Media last month for BT because I was sick and tired of the poor level of customer service. I cant wait to July when I can take all 4 sims/contracts and take them across to BT .

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They are a right pain in the ar5e :-(

Couple of choices for you:-

Email Virgin's DPO department with a good moan  dpo@virginmedia.co.uk  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/GDPR-and-you.html

Or you can goto ICO  https://ico.org.uk

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.