cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malicious Calls From Private Numbers

SteveMcQ
Tuning in

Hi,

On 3rd March,2022 (yesterday) I received a malicious/threatening voicemail from a private number, even though I had set my phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) to block Private Numbers...which puzzled me? How can a blocked private number leave a voicemail? And because of the threatening nature of this call I rang Support on 789 several times, but was advised that their records do not display the actual number that left the voicemail. I want to report this to the Police, but of course the 1st thing they are going to ask me is what phone number left the threatening message. I've called Virgin support three times now, but they cannot advise the number, and state that my only option is to change my phone number...which I'm reluctant to do because I've had it for many years, and would have to advise a lot of people. I'm not sure how to move forward with this....can anyone advise. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the call went straight to Voicemail then it would have not got as far as your phone to be blocked by it's firmware. That is probably why you received it.

Can you record the voicemail and give it to the police who will advise you of the steps you can take.

Personally I would turn Voicemail completely off for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the call went straight to Voicemail then it would have not got as far as your phone to be blocked by it's firmware. That is probably why you received it.

Can you record the voicemail and give it to the police who will advise you of the steps you can take.

Personally I would turn Voicemail completely off for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your response and helpful advice. I did save the voicemail on my phone, and I have turned off my voicemail now, thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to say if you leave it on Voicemail it will auto delete after a few days.

Play it back on speaker phone and record it on another device.