cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making sure mobile contract is cancelled

robolots
Dialled in

Hi all,

Just a bit of advice if anyone knows the answer.

I have been paying for my daughters mobile contract which is a month to month sim only plan, she has just turned 18 and wants to sort out a new plan herself.

As the current plan doesn't have enough data for her and any new potential VM plans are not really value for money, she has chosen another supplier.

She wants to take her number with her and has requested the PAC code and all good there (being transferred today), but will the existing plan automatically stop as there is no real information and just broken links (me thinks VM doing this to make it difficult to leave) 

So in a nutshell, will it be automatic and I can cancel the direct debit or do we need to make it more formal and I will get my daughter to come over and we can sort between us and over the phone.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When a PAC code is acted on and the number transferred then your Virgin account closes.

Leave your SO for a month in case of any unfilled uses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When a PAC code is acted on and the number transferred then your Virgin account closes.

Leave your SO for a month in case of any unfilled uses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robolots

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear that your daughter has chosen another provider, as advised by the very helpful enlli (thank you Enlli) - the SIM would automatically be closed off once the PAC has been processed.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs