cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOBILE REINSTATEMENT

Hugh4
Joining in

Good Day, I live on the Isle of Man.  While visiting Liverpool in 1914, I had an, admittedly little used, Virgin Mobile sim Pay-As-You-Go card installed as the second card on my mobile.  At some stage in one of the recent lockdowns however, the card seemed to become disabled and became unusable.  As I was not visiting the UK it made little difference to my life.

I am currently visiting the UK and would really like to get the Virgin Service back into my life.  Can I ask that this be arranged please?  By the way, I always kept a reasonable balance in the phone account in the hope that Virgin would then not cut me out of is system.  I hope that you can re-instate the balance.

The details I have on the sim card are as follows:

Card                     PUK 44209341
Phone Number    8944231 7757 812 638 5

Sometime at the end of the card’s “life”, it was lost so I would need a new one.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.  I am currently visiting Ilkeston in Derbyshire and will let you know my address as soon as you reply – hopefully in the affirmative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Corey_C

Hi Hugh4,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Unfortunately we have ended out PAYG service and platform, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

It is likely that you SIM card has been deactivated, especially if you have not used it in the last 9 months to a year, as it would have been switched off due to inactivity. Apologies.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Corey_C

Hi Hugh4,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Unfortunately we have ended out PAYG service and platform, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

It is likely that you SIM card has been deactivated, especially if you have not used it in the last 9 months to a year, as it would have been switched off due to inactivity. Apologies.

Cheers,

Corey C

OK thanks.  Would have beer good to get my money back though!

Hugh

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some tariffs were a 180 days, some 90 but this has applied since the start of PAYG and is similar on all networks 

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, Hugh,

Regrettably that balance would have been lost with the shutting down of the account. Apologies.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks - at least I now know the rules! V helpful.
Regards
Hugh

Thanks Cory.  Its clear i should have made sure I knew what I was doing.

Now I do.

Regards

Hugh