cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy signal

muffer_2
Joining in

Ok, so I live in a rural village on the outskirts of Aberdeen in Scotland and have been a Virgin Mobile customer for approx 25 years. *Yes I get great service from them and have had darn good discounts / tweaks on my package*

Since the merger / buyout whatever with o2 my home signal is absolute *unmentionable on a public forum* lousy! Previously they used the EE network I believe?

Since the change I am almost wholly reliant on LTE despite having a 5G phone.

Does anyone know if Virgin/o2 offer customers signal boosters in poor reception areas?

TIA

MFR

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect then you are on Vodafone. The merger has not altered how Virgin mobile operate signal wise. O2 signal will not be used for quite some time. Most of the change comes from the move off EE signal on to Vodafone. In that there will be winners and loosers. It could be you are in the latter category. I can't check because I would need a nearby full postcode for that 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just checked.

EE (which my wife has) is excellent coverage indoors and out.

Vodafone is no 5G and outdoor only with poor coverage.

Thank you for checking that for me. Okay, what I will do is now is private message so we can go through some further checks.

^Martin