cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy signal

muffer_2
Joining in

Ok, so I live in a rural village on the outskirts of Aberdeen in Scotland and have been a Virgin Mobile customer for approx 25 years. *Yes I get great service from them and have had darn good discounts / tweaks on my package*

Since the merger / buyout whatever with o2 my home signal is absolute *unmentionable on a public forum* lousy! Previously they used the EE network I believe?

Since the change I am almost wholly reliant on LTE despite having a 5G phone.

Does anyone know if Virgin/o2 offer customers signal boosters in poor reception areas?

TIA

MFR

12 REPLIES 12

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @muffer_2.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your mobile coverage.  

Whilst we have merged with 02, we currently are using Vodafone & EE masts.

I have managed to locate your account using your forum details. Having looked over everything the 4 most local masts in your area have all had faults on them within the last 3 days, which might have had significant effects on your services. 

Please can you try a manual network search on your phone. We can talk you though this if you can let us know what handset you have. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

I'm on Samsung Galaxy A52 5G.

The local masts will have been affected recently by storm arwen and the multitude of power cuts in the North East it caused. My signal has been sketchy before this at home whilst pre merger it was a very good signal?

Thank you for that information muffer_2. 

To confirm was this issue just in your area or also in other area's?

^Martin

It is my home area that my signal has deteriorated post merger.

Okay, you mentioned in your previous post that the area was already sketchy. Can you expand on the issue prior to the merger?

^Martin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you on a 5G contract?

If so there is a likelihood that you may be able to get WiFi Calling  This can be turned on in the pull down settings menu and tgen in the settings on the dialer app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Martin,

Before the merger my signal was good but became poor afterwards.

I am unsure if my phone is now defaulting to the nearest O2 mast instead of the previous EE one.

O2's own coverage checker shows poor indoor signal for our village area.

Hi enlli 

Yes I'm using WiFi calling when I'm at home.

Thank you for that information. You wouldn't be using an O2 mast. It would either be a EE or Vodafone mast at this point in time. 

Have you been able to check either of those checkers?

^Martin