cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost mobile signal and sim card keeps updating on phone

Meafordman
Joining in

Totally frustrated by this. Sim card only 3 weeks old. Sim card updates aitomatically and since this has been happening i have lost mobile signal completely.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Meafordman,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our Mobile service and that your new SIM card has had some technical issues!

Can you tell us what check's you've carried out to troubleshoot for this issue? Have you rebooted your Mobile device to see if this will work?

Have you tried to put your SIM card into another Mobile phone to see if the same issue will occur on a different handset?

Have you tried to input a different SIM card into your Mobile device to see if this issue will occur with a different SIM card?

Please take a look at our Mobile Troubleshooting page for more helpful tips on what you can do to investigate this issue further. Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance after this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

I have two mobiles on virgin network. I have swapped sim cards and returned to originsl phones. I am now showing no sim card on both even though they are inserted correctly. Could Virgin mobile be transferring to another provider hence sim card updating message earlier or do i have a corrupted sim card that has now infected both phones

Thanks for coming back to us @Meafordman, this could be happening due to the transfer of our services from EE to the Vodafone network. 

How long has this been happening for and is this happening in one particular place or numerous places?

Regards

Steven_L