cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost mobile internet where I work

Kircough
Joining in

Hi,

I recently lost the ability to use mobile internet where I work. I signed up to a Virgin phone as I knew EE has a good signal. I'm presuming I have been changed to Vodafone as their coverage checker indicates that there is poor inside 4G service in the location.

I'm in contract to pay off my handset and remaining £12/month sim until July 2022, but have been informed that due to the annual price increase I can cancel early if I want.

Can I cancel due to the change in network making my phone contract redundant?

If I cancel do I just pay off the remaining balance on the handset?

I've tried to contact Virgin via phone, webchat and currently (waiting) via text message every day for a couple of hours for the last 3 days to no avail.

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you took out a Freestyle package where there are two separate payments for the SIM and handset it is possible to cancel the SIM and just keep on with the handset loan.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Kircough, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're wanting to leave us and that the migration to Vodafone has caused you to have poor signal. 

As the price rise is affecting the SIM tariff, this you can cancel with 30 days notice to allow you to take services elsewhere. As for the handset loan, as mentioned by enlli, this you can continue paying as per your agreement as this isn't affected by the price rise. 

To give your 30 days notice, please contact the team on 789 from your VM SIM so they can go through the disconnection process with you. 
Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs