cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection while abroad

alaaeddinemazo
Tuning in

Hi, I'm having a problem, new sim was sent to a UK address while I'm stuck in France, I might be able to arrange for another new sim card to be sent to me here if I have it sent to an acquaintance's house, but in the time being I urgently require access to my number for work related phone calls and log in to all my online accounts which require phone verification.

The reason for all of this is unclear, but the message I received says "We tired to update your mobile networkservices so you can use your mobile outise the UK but it didn't work".

Is there a possibility of doing that? if no, how would I have a new one ent as quick as poosible please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @alaaeddinemazo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having connection issues whilst you're in France.

As you have already had one sim card sent out to the UK, do you require us to send another one out to you, if so, please respond to my private message with the details.

If you have already activated a sim card in the UK, you wont be able to use your Virgin Media service until you receive the new sim card, we wont be able to provide any services until you have changed your sim card to the new one.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

alaaeddinemazo
Tuning in

Nothing on this? I have no other avenues to deal with this problem but the forum, any help would be highly appreciated. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

New SIM cards can only be posted to a UK address. Most will also need activation on the network before use; again has to be UK.

Only answer is to get the SIM sent to family or friends in UK who can activate it for you before posting to France.

I notice your post has been escalated so hopefully someone from the team will take this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @alaaeddinemazo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having connection issues whilst you're in France.

As you have already had one sim card sent out to the UK, do you require us to send another one out to you, if so, please respond to my private message with the details.

If you have already activated a sim card in the UK, you wont be able to use your Virgin Media service until you receive the new sim card, we wont be able to provide any services until you have changed your sim card to the new one.

Regards,

Steven_L

No problem @alaaeddinemazo and please let us know here, if you need any further assistance and we can help you out from here.

Regards,

Steven_L