cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Mobile phone

david_1950
Joining in

My wife suffers from Alzheimers. She has lost her mobile phone, it was out of power so cannot trace. I have reported it lost to Virgin. They have sent a link that requires my wife to enter her password. She has forgotten it. Following a lengthy call to Virgin, they have now sent a code to her mobile phone to enable my wife to change her password. This is a pointless exercise as we dt have the phone. I can' t seem to get anyone at virgin to understand. My wife's phone is on a monthly contract, can someone out there suggest some advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm glad to hear that is sorted for you. 

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @david_1950, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here, I can appreciate this is difficult.

With these types of situations of a lost mobile phone, we do require to speak to the account holder to assist and pass security with this person too.

However, I can appreciate this is sensitive given the circumstances. Do you have power of attorney over the account because if so, we may be able to assist here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the reply Tom,

I do have power of Attorney for Medical, finance and property. However I have decided to purchase a more "user friendly" smart phone for my wife.

Once that arrives and I get the replacement sim hopefully we can then log back into her account

Regards

David

Thank you for that information. Once you have the new handset, please do let us know and we can order the replacement SIM card.

^Martin

Thanks for that, I had an email yesterday saying that the replacement sim was on its way

I'm glad to hear that is sorted for you. 

^Martin

Well I thought I had sorted it out. I have a new phone, a Doro 8100 I have the replacement SIM, I can send messages but when I go to make a call I get  "you are not connected, call 789" which I can't do either as I get the same message.

Hey david_1950, thank you for reaching out and letting me know this and I am sorry it still not working. 

Just to confirm this is happening on every call, can you be called by any chance? 

Do the SMS definitely go through also? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?