cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of data connection / outgoing calls

71Graeme
Joining in

Good Morning

As of yesterday, my iPhone with Virgin Mobile SIM has lost all data connection, outgoing calls / texts. Looking through the forum, it appears that this problem is not an isolated incident, with may other people commenting on similar issues over the weekend. To pre-empt questions, I have tried the following:

• Rebooted phone (many times)
  • Checked not in Airplane mode (many times)
  • Reset network settings
  • Tried the SIM in another phone - my SIM still didn't work, other VM SIM in my phone did work

My phone is showing a good connection to the Virgin network, and other VM phones in my household are working, so network coverage would seem to be good.

What is the solution here?

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @71Graeme,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you gave been having this issue, one other check we would need you to run for us is to run a manual network search on your handset. You can find out how to do this for your specific device here.

Hope this helps. Joe

Thanks for your quick reply. I've tried the manual network search as you suggest, but this has not helped.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey 71Graeme, thanks for your reply and sorry to see this has not worked for you.

We'll be eager to help out, to enable us to check further I am going to send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs