cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Phone Numbers

mattygg
On our wavelength

Good Afternoon

I was wondering whether anyone can help. I was recently with three, and i took an Unlimited Oomph package, which came with a virgin mobile.

I have since cancelled my old contract and using virgin, and everything seems to be working fine.

However, maybe once or twice a week, all my phone numbers lose their names. This means that when i get called from "Dave", it ordinarily says "Dave", however it now just displays the number instead.

From looking online, i have found that if i change the region of my phone to USA, then back to UK, it seems to sort the issue out.

This never happened when i was with Three. 

I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced this problem, and might know a solution.

I'm not wholly sure whether its the phone playing up (iPhone XR) or whether its the SIM card, or an issue with the carrier itself.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Matt

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sadly, common problem. The following should stop it happening again

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattygg,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried the suggestion which @enlli has helpfully provided?

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs