cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing 4G Signal

Joeau
Joining in

For the past couple of months, 4G has periodically dropped connection, either completely or to < 0.1 Mbps. This is frequent, occurring multiple times per day or in a single session, making mobile data unusable.

Prior to this year, connection was never an issue. Use of 4G on different networks abroad has been completely without issue. The SIM has been tested in a different phone and shows the same pattern.

The coverage checker shows good signal in the area, and again didn't have an issue until this year.

Is there any potential fix or should I change network?

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably the change from EE to Vodafone as network supplier.

Coverage checkers can't take into account local issues which can be down to a variety of things.

If the phone works well in other locations then a move to an EE based service may be an option

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Joeau, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the experience you're having with the network. We did migrate our SIM cards moving from the EE network to Vodafone, around that time is that when you've noticed the change? Are you having this issue in all areas you go to or is it just located to one spot? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi, that sounds like the right time yes. It certainly occurs at two different locations ~ 8 miles apart, both relatively central locations with no reason for the signal to be impacted. As I said, it worked perfectly when on networks aborad.

Is this the quality of signal that can now be expected in city locations?

Hi @Joeau

Thank you for the reply

Are these two places the only two where the signal completely drops off? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

For the most part, but I can't say it won't happen in other places too

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

In regards to your question asked about the expected quality of signal - it isn't what should be expected no, but also we can't guarantee a 100% fault free service - we can try and help diagnose any issues so don't worry. The locations in which you mention, just to confirm are they the only places that you know of that you have the issue with? 

When was the last time you had a new SIM card? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.