cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login not working for Wifi hotspots on London Underground

inigojames
Joining in

I've recently joined Virgin Mobile partly so I can use the WiFi on the London Underground. However when I join the WiFi and it asks me to login I select Virgin Mobile and put in my login details but it won't log in and I get the error in the attached screenshot (I selected Virgin Mobile, not Broadband). I know my username and password are correct because they work when I log in to my account.

Screenshot_20201213-152451.png

Please can someone advise what I need to do to get the London Underground WiFi to work? 

25 REPLIES 25

I'm having exactly the same issues as you. I followed all instructions and suggestions. It's getting very frustrating because I'm on the Underground most of the day. Have you found a solution yet @robocop2021

Hi mahharg,

Thanks for your reply, have you been able to connect since your post? If not, then try removing both the connect app and the removing all previously saved London WIFI connections from your in the phone menu. The next time that you are in range of the London WIFI, create a new connection., not using the connect app.

You can also find more help here: https://my.virginmedia.com/wifi/faqs.html

Cheers,

Corey C

I tried everything and nothing worked. Just stuck on connecting. I did however find a solution which surprised me.

Instead of connecting to "Virgin" I connected to "Virgin Media Wifi" and managed to sign in, just like other networks. I'm only a pay monthly mobile customer and couldn't sign in that way before but now I can Something has changed from Virgin's end.

I've finally found the solution, at least for my Pixel 2 running the latest version of Android. 

When selecting authentication method for the Virgin Media network, choose the SIM option. 

The WiFi started working for me immediately. Hope that helps others!

Screenshot_20210424-141014.png

Thanks for the update inigojames and glad to hear this has now been resolved for you.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

Hi
Thanks for the info, I tried using sim method via virgin hotspot (non underground) and it worked, although it also works via aka method. I'll give sim option a try next time I'm on the underground. It's strange though, I've only been with Virgin mobile since December and AKA option initially worked on the "virgin media" network option whilst on the underground. Also "virgin media wifi" network didn't even recognise username and password, then suddenly it was the other way round. It's like Virgin changed something but failed to inform it's customers.

Thanks mahharg, we aren't aware of any changes. Details on the process can be found here and let us know how you get on next time you're on the Underground.

Rob

I've got exactly the same issue on a Pixel 4 running Android 11. Used to connect without a problem pre-pandemic so something has obviously changed with the login since then. I will have to try the methods listed here to see if I'm able to connect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robert_P wrote:

Thanks mahharg, we aren't aware of any changes. Details on the process can be found here and let us know how you get on next time you're on the Underground.

Your link doesn't seem to be working:

Page not found

The requested page "/Luconnect" could not be found.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @petenice

Thank you for your post regarding your login not working for hotspots on the Underground.

Please try selecting SIM when selecting the authentication method for the Virgin Media network and let us know how you get on next time you're on the tube.

Many thanks,

Serena