Menu
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live: Ask the Experts with Nokia

The warranty on Nokia devices is 2 years from point of purchase.

Regarding support, If you have a Nokia 3, 5 or 8 just go into the apps drawer and there should be an app called 'Support' which links you to Nokia Mobile Care.  If you tap on it there may prompt for an update but once in there is some really useful things such as the full user Guide, Support chat, FAQ's, Device monitor, Warranty Status and a Community forum. 

If you are looking at backing up your current Android phone data:

Nougat 7.0 and below if you go to Settings - Backup&Reset you can turn it on and select which account to back up your data to.

Android Oreo the same feature is now located in Settings - System - Backup and gives you greater control over what is backed up.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@NokiaExpert

Will have to turn it on when I get home and see if It has high scores!

Snake competition was all the rage back in the days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Raphbasan
Joining in
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
I have been through all the settings regarding staying connected etc, the WiFi connects then a few minutes later it drops the signal and I have to stop the WiFi and reconnect. I have traveled the internet and this seems to be a massive problem regarding the latest Android update, I'm sure you are aware of this, a lot of people have the issue.
Other than the WiFi issue the phone seems good.
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Again, that's great to know. Especially that you have a community forum. Smiley Wink

Finally then, any secrets you can divulge? Any hot tips or tricks from the Nokia HQ?

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Ha ha ha….maybe I'm late to the party but did you know there is hidden Easter egg content on Android devices?  If I go on my Nokia 5 running Nougat there is a secret cat game, on Nokia 8 there is a secret Octopus! 

I could be really evil and let you find them but if you want to try...

On Nougat Devices (7.0) Go to settings - About phone - Tap on 'Android Version' 4 times - Tap on the 'N' that appears 4 times and hold to see a small cat face appear....drag this into your notifications bar at the top...You'll now have an 'Empty dish option' ;O) 

On Oreo (8.0) devices  Go to settings - System - About phone - Tap on 'Android Version' 4 times - Tap on the 'O' that appears 4 times and then hold to see an Octopus! 

Have fun!

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Raphbasan

So @NokiaExpert and myself can look into this for you, could you tell us what version of Android you've got, and the model phone? 

It's really important that you've the latest version of the Oreo OS.

Thanks

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @NokiaExpert

Going to spend my evening trying to catch that cat...

0 Kudos
Vandross1
Joining in
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Got a Nokia 6 drops signal loses 4g down to 2G if I am lucky might get 3G .love the way it loses phone calls mid call ask the virgin mobile lady had to call me on my home phone as the phone dropped call signal .Has all the updates but not Oreo ,as it looks it going back .
0 Kudos
TTTJJJ
Dialled in
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

This sales pitch Q&A session feels so scripted it's painful.

Is @James_W really asking if a Virgin SIM will work in a phone they know 100% will work. I mean, I know it's scripted, but it makes you look like you don't know anything technical about the network you work for. 'It won't get 4G will it' makes me cringe it's so bad. 

On the other hand I do like Nokia's new phones, I got one for my grandfather over Christmas. It was only the Nokia 3, nice starter phone. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

As with all Q&A sessions there will be pre-scripted questions and answers to cover the FAQs customers could ask about the new phone/OS. More customer interaction would of got some different answers too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos