cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewize scam with returned iphone

Chrischev
Joining in

I traded up 2 iPhones from the 12 to the 14. I returned the 2 iPhone 12 in the original Apple box, both iPhones in as new condition tradeup quote £266 likewize came back with a revised offer of £214 so I rejected the offer, they have returned one phone but the returned phone is not the one I sent to likewize, I returned and red and a purple iPhone as previously stated in as good as new and in original box, likewize returned a white 12 iPhone that has many scratches on the glass. I have tried to resolve with Likewize but how do I prove this white phone is not my phone I sent to tradeup.

virgin do you have the IMEI of my iPhone 12 that I purchase through you in 2020 so I can prove I returned a red and purple phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message Chrischev,

You would need to contact Likewise directly regarding this. 

I can see we've given you the details for this already.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

First of all, see if the forum staff can sort the request.  If they can that'll be quickest and easiest.  The IMEI will be somewhere in VM's data pile, whether it's readily accessible I can't say.

If they're unable, then you may want to make a subject access request.  Whilst VM might not actively retain the IMEI, it's not guaranteed, but pretty common for it to feature on phone invoices, so asking for device data, legal correspondence.

If these were (say) your and your partner's personal phones, can you get witnesses who will confirm that your phone was not the one returned by Likewize?  That's not definitive proof (because that doesn't confirm what you sent to Likewize) but it's useful circumstantial evidence.

You may also want to consult Citizens Advice.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chrischev,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's been some confusion over your traded in handsets. So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message Chrischev,

You would need to contact Likewise directly regarding this. 

I can see we've given you the details for this already.

Alex_Rm