Menu
Highlighted
Stoves
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lifetime Tariff ~ Not Lifetime !

I bought a brand new iphone a year or so ago from Virgin with a LIFETIME TARIFF of £6 per month as long as I stayed with Virgin. Just received a letter saying my tariff is going up to £13 per month. I phoned Virgin to complain ~ They said that they have stopped the lifetime tariff. I told the lady that the only reason i got the NEW iphone was to get the lifetime tariff. She said it's in their terms and conditions that they can change the tariffs at anytime. She said surely you can read. I had to bite my tongue at this point. I am extremely annoyed that my lifetime tariff has more than doubled ~ Is there anything I can do about it please ? P.S. This is the first time I have ever posted on a community forum.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lifetime Tariff ~ Not Lifetime !

Lots of posts about this. Lots of anger.

The good news is your airtime is on a 30 day rolling contract and is separate from the phone.

As the letter states you have till the end of the month to cancel this if you wish and go somewhere else (they will try to tell you otherwise) A number coming on here have taken this option. 

If that is not for you then you can try haggling and see what they will give you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

Lots of posts about this. Lots of anger.

The good news is your airtime is on a 30 day rolling contract and is separate from the phone.

As the letter states you have till the end of the month to cancel this if you wish and go somewhere else (they will try to tell you otherwise) A number coming on here have taken this option. 

If that is not for you then you can try haggling and see what they will give you.

A bit worrying this letter and email in this post have only just arrived, I thought Virgin had to give customers at least 30days notice for something like this?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ask for a deadlock letter and take it to the regulator.

If they are saying the price is rising without giving 30 days notice then you are able to walk away.

Next time you look into a contract DON`T do it where the handset is a seperate contract....this has been done as otherwise you could walk away AND keep the handset without paying a penny more.

I`m sure you felt that Virgin were helping you by making it seperate when you purchased it didn`t you?
0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just wait until you get a cut and paste unhelpful reply telling you that its ok as they are also doing this to 249,999 other people
0 Kudos