cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin with 2 months of Freestyle loan repayments left

StripeyMiata
On our wavelength

I took out a Freestyle account in November 2018.

As part of it, I had a locked in Sim card deal for 24 months which has expired and I can leave anytime.

The loan for the device was 3 years and runs out in November.

If I PAC out now (am happy with Virgin, but have to move to Three to lock in American Roaming for next year) I assume the direct debits keep going for the loan device?  I do owe the money obviously and happy to pay it off, I just didn't want something unexpected to happen (you never know with Virgin) and end up in collections.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

teabag
Hero

How to check your contract status

If you’re still in contract with your provider, you might have to pay charges to end your contract early. If you’re not sure whether that’s the case, text ‘INFO’ to 85075 to find this out without requesting a PAC or STAC switching code.

Taken from Ofcom site. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

Any loans payments for the phone will just carry-on as normal, until paid up.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No point in moving to Three as the Roam like Home has gone as from 1st October 

£2 a day to roam in EU £5 a day elsewhere 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/09/another-u-turn-as-three-uk-reintroduce-eu-roaming-char...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. StripeyMiata,

The loan agreement is separate from the monthly SIM payments so if you do decide to port out the scheduled loan payment will remain unpaid. Have you ordered the PAC yet or would like us to help with this?  

You can get a PAC in a few ways:

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984

Cheers,

Corey C

>No point in moving to Three as the Roam like Home has gone as from 1st October £2 a day to roam in EU £5 a day elsewhere

That's true from 1st October, but I signed up to Three last week for a 2 year sim only contract, so I am good for another 2 years.  They are honoring previous contacts and anyone who signed up before 1st October.

I actually really dislike Three but had to do it as spending 3 weeks in the States next week, if it was up to me would have stayed with Virgin.

>Have you ordered the PAC yet or would like us to help with this? 

Not yet, I am going to run the Three and Virgin contracts together for a month until the loan is repaid off at the start of November, I am getting conflicting information from Virgin Support and the Twitter account so don't want to take the risk of something going wrong and my credit record getting screwed up for the sake of a month.

Virgin Support say the direct debit keeps going, Twitter says I need to pay off the amount but there is no way on the website to do it.

But appricate the answer Cory.

Let us know if you need us again the future StripeyMiata, we'll be happy to ehlp.

Rob