cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin Mobile

Eddie_R
On our wavelength

After receiving this txt from Virgin, I guess this is where we part company after something like 15 years.
Been abroad now for a few years and I see no way of being able to receive a new sim so its bye bye, swopping over to my Giffgaff sim which is still active.

Travelling abroad soon? You'll need a new SIM or your roaming services won't work from 1st October 2021. To order a new one to your UK address, call 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone. Don't forget to activate it once it's arrived. For help, see virginmedia.com/roaming

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All SIM cards in the UK have been updated now so no need for a new one if you are travelling.

Was your SIM contract or PAYG as the latter is closing anyway by January at the latest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All SIM cards in the UK have been updated now so no need for a new one if you are travelling.

Was your SIM contract or PAYG as the latter is closing anyway by January at the latest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Eddie_R
On our wavelength
Not in the UK right now, but its PAYG so its goodbye now sooner than later then.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Irony is that Giffgaff and Virgin Mobile are now part of the same parent company.