cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ported to VM, I have intermittent "no internet connection" issues (iPhone)

dehoult
Tuning in

Hello all,

After doing some searching first I can't locate what I think are the right settings for an iPhone 11 on Virgin, so any help is appreciated.

I just ported to Virgin Mobile to a 30 day SIM. My SIM seemed fine for a few days but 2 out of the last 3 mornings I have been using Apple Maps to navigate and get a generic "No internet connection" message at the top, on the phone. It then doesn't work for a while

Mobile data mostly works, most of the time (I know, the worst kind of problem). When I get the message the signal appears fine. I've used Giffgaff (also O2) for the last few years in the same places and had mobile data service.

What are the mobile data connection settings and where could I check them on the iPhone? Is that even relevant because it sometimes works?

Thank you,
Daniel.

2 REPLIES 2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dehoult, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had data connection issues since porting to ourselves. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  Although it sounds like you should have a data connection already, you may wish to check here, to see if all your settings are correct.  You may also wish to check here quickly followed by here. I hope your issue is quickly resolved and please do get back to us for any further assistance.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Thanks very much for all the links, really helpful. I’ve made a change so will see how I get on now. 

Best regards