cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with calls abroad

Marika2
Joining in

I have been in Italy for 5 days now but when I receive phone calls from uk numbers I cannot hear their voice. I also have issues calling some uk numbers including virgin customer service. Internet is working, I have contacted virgin via chat but nothing the issue still stand. I will be here for 4 weeks so if nothing changes I will have to swap to another provider tomorrow as I need the phone for work. Can anyone please assist and find a solution if there is one? 

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marika2,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I understand the issue is when receiving phone calls from the UK, you cannot hear them. 

Is this the same symptom when you call UK numbers?

I have a link here which may help get your connected whilst abroad - Troubleshooting Whilst Abroad - please take a look and follow the instructions to see if this rectifies the issue.

Can I also ask if you called us before leaving the UK in order to make sure your roaming was turned on? If customers don't do this, it can sometimes cause issues with calls, texts and/or data and it cannot be rectified until returning back to the UK. This is because you are not connected to our home network whilst out of the UK and so any changes we make on our side may not process correctly.

Please let me know the info I need above so we can help further.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have contacted you once arrived abroad to activate the roaming and it was activated. I can call uk numbers it is just when I am receiving calls from uk I cannot hear anything.

This issue has been going on for a week now I have contacted virgin several times. I have managed to bring with me a SIM card from another provider so please let me know by the end of today if the issue cannot be sorted and I will just switch provider. I have been struggling to works this week because of this as I cannot hear but the person who is calling me can hear me. I need to call them back all the time. I will be abroad for another few weeks so I cannot keep working this way. This is an unacceptable issue for me and I have tried everything virgin has suggested but nothing has worked! 

Hi Marika2, 

Thanks for coming back to me with that information, I understand your frustration with this and would like to try my best to get this rectified for you. 

From your previous message I can see you contacted us once you arrived at your destination abroad, which may be the reason why you're having these issues as you would have needed to contact us before you set off - so that you were still connected to our home network as I mentioned in my previous post. 

However, lets see if there is anything else we can do before we move further!

I'll send you a PM now so I can take a look into your account. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L