cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues since porting from EE

ChrisorsirhC
Tuning in

I have recently taken a new contract with a new phone from you after leaving EE, I have ported my number across, since then I have not been able to receive texts or phone calls. 

I have been on to customer services who have asked me to try switching phone on and off, taking sim out and back in, resetting network settings, trying my sim in a different phone and finally they have sent me a new sim. None of these things have worked. 

i am able to send texts and make calls and use the internet but cannot receive anything. 

from looking at these message boards this is a common issue can you please find a fix and improve your porting service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us ChrisorsirhC, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

ChrisorsirhC
Tuning in

I’m having the exact same issue and have also tried all the steps you have including a new SIM card and this has not helped. 

can someone please get back to me and fix this issue as it is causing big problems with not being able to receive important phone calls or text messages!! 

Hey ChrisorsirhC,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with text messaging after your port over from EE, when did you port your number over to us?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

I ported over on Saturday 11th and it was completed on Thursday 14th. I replaced the SIM card on 17th, and it has exactly the same issue, no incoming calls or texts. 

thank you for looking into this. 

Thanks for coming back to us ChrisorsirhC, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message ChrisorsirhC, I have refreshed your network settings, please can you reboot your handset and let me know, if this has resolved your issues? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, I have rebooted and this has not fixed the issue. 

I have read online a lot about numbers being split after porting and this seems to be the case I believe. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisorsirhC wrote:

I ported over on Saturday 11th and it was completed on Thursday 14th.

A number port should be complete the working day after PAC submission.

If it's taken longer than that, something has gone wrong with the port data.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for confirming your details ChrisorsirhC, I have now passed this to the mobile faults team and when I have any further updates, I will be back in touch.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

can you let me know of the progress since we last spoke? Have the mobile faults team found anything? 

I have checked my incoming calls and texts again and still nothing is working.

thank you.