cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Virgin now seem to be blocking Tesco, not had any message since 2nd November, so missing weekly delivery reminders and more importantly messages telling me that my prescription is ready in pharmacy 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aCactus,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with receiving OTP messages from Tesco.

Can you tell us if you've been in touch with the team at Tesco to ensure that they have the right details saved on their system and that they have been sending you messages? 

Please let us know so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Perhaps I should have started a new thread as they not OTP messages - only realised what OTP meant after posting but assumed this thread covered messages from companies not getting through

Tesco have correct number, delivery messages computer generated and pharmacy assure me they are sending them

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aCactus,

Thanks for coming back to us. So the messages that you're not receiving are not OTP messages? Are you having issues receiving any other texts from other numbers or companies?

Please let us know.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Since the last Tesco message I have had texts from Halfords, Virgin Media and O2UK, not sure if I have missed any from NHS or GP as they don't send for every appointment

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aCactus,

Thank you for confirming. Please let us know if you come across any issues with the OTP messages and we'll be able to look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Came here looking for advice as I'm having the same issue, I recently switched to Virgin Mobile and was trying to access online banking. I didn't receive any codes despite having good signal. I also tried to receive OTP codes to authenticate to a few other services as well and got nothing.

I haven't received a single one from 6 separate companies, but can receive other texts fine.

I'm absolutely shocked that this issue has been going on for years still with no fix! Will begin looking for another provider immediately as this is unacceptable 

Let's be really honest here, shall we??

It's now 30 MONTHS since this problem became 'common knowledge'  (it existed before that, but VM didn't say anything) 

Now, after all this time, VM STILL have not even publicly acknowledged there is a fault, and, instead of looking overall for the problem, they are 'ad hoc' asking customers the same old questions, and treating each complaint as an individual one, rather than looking at the whole picture... (VM do not do 'joined up logic!)

I gave up 18 months or so ago, having spent a year trying to get VM to look into the problem. Now use '3', and I have not missed an OTP/2FA since...

VM are still pretending there is no problem, and repeatedly suggesting 'new sim' or, 'reset the phones services' , 'have you tried the sim in another handset' or the classic, 'wait 24 hours and try again' 

Cut your losses, move on to another provider... otherwise, 30 months from now, you will still have the same problem...

Has this finally been sorted?